Happy group of people with special needs

Connect with Tools to Live Independently

SOCIL assists people by connecting them with programs and services necessary to maintain independent living within a community. Contact us if you are ready to leave a long-term care facility setting or at risk of entering an institution.

SOCIL staff will connect you with community contacts to locate housing; find a personal care assistance program; secure transportation; and other resources to facilitate your independence.

Get Support When Settling In

Staff can alleviate some of your concerns and answer questions about moving from an institutional care setting back into a community-based residence.

If you or someone you know needs assistance moving out of a long-term care facility, or avoiding institutional placement call SOCIL at 740-689-1494 in Fairfield County or 740-380-1475 in Hocking County.

Website to checkout for additional information:

Home and Community-Based Services


See How You Can Thrive

Become Part of Your Community

From advocacy to skills training to school transitions, SOCIL is here to help.

Scroll to Top